Baby update...
I'm 35 weeks along, which is about 8 1/2 months for those of you who don't count everything in weeks. Everything's been going great so far. We had an ultrasound about a month ago and they said it looks like we'll be having a girl! At last week's checkup they said that she's right on target, in the 50% growth percentile. I still don't get how they can tell that by feeling the outside of my stomach... but that's why I'm not in medicine.
Apparently Baby Frisch is over 18 inches long now, and weighs about 5 1/4 lbs! Adam gets a kick out of this because I get these updates from a website (babycenter.com), and every week Baby Frisch is compared to a different kind of produce. First she was a poppy seed, then a grape or an apple. This week she weighs the same as a honeydew melon. One of my favorites was the week she was the size of a kumquat- who knows how big a kumquat is?!
7 comments:
Yay! Frisch family blog!!!
I was right! You do make a cute prego mommy!!
Hi Lauren,
You look great! Thanks for making a blog. I can't wait to see pictures of the little one. Love you.
Brian
Kumquat. LOL
yes melons are great but at this point you may need to expand your measurements beyond produce. for example, if those maps are to scale your baby is roughly the size of africa.
you make a beautiful pregnant lady. I'm so excited for you two!!!!! I think I forgot to tell you this a couple months ago, but when I went to Ukraine this summer, I made sure to pack your wedding frisbee, because I'd heard that they don't have frisbees in Ukraine. My students loved it, and I had to explain who "Adam" and "Lauren" were over and over.
hey lauren, i love the blog!! i just now got a chance to check it out but will definately be checking it regularly from now on. i'm so glad that everything went well with baby elena!! i can't believe she has red hair...that is awesome!!!! I love you, hope to talk to you soon!!
-Kathryn
Post a Comment