Sorry for the light blogging recently. It's not due to any important little person's arrival- we're still waiting on her. She is determined to make sure we're good and ready before she comes out. We're as ready as we'll ever be, you can come out now! :)
I'm nearing the two-week mark after her due date so we've been getting check-ups twice a week now. Everything is still perfectly normal. She is growing fine, her heart beat is great, and the fluids surrounding her are still doing their job. I believe there's a reason our little girl is hanging out inside for a little longer, and so I'm happy to hear she's still doing great.
Please say a little prayer that she decides to come out soon, though. The doctors have decided that it would be best to induce her on Thursday if she doesn't come earlier. The thought of induction is disappointing because I'd rather let the baby work on her own time schedule, but at this point she will do fine on the outside and our doctors are not comfortable letting women carry past 42 weeks. So I'm trying to leave everything up to God. I trust it will all work out how it is supposed to.
Even without her arrival, though, our household has been pretty busy the past few weeks. My parents and little brother Kyle spent a week with us the week before last. We took the Laser sailboat out one afternoon to a nearby lake and the boys (Dad included) all had a blast zipping around on the water. Mom and I relaxed on the beach, and Charlemagne was in heaven the whole afternoon fetching tennis balls and frisbees in the water and frolicing around.
Grandpa Hal and Henrietta also stopped by during my parent's stay. They happened to be driving down last week from Maine back home to South Carolina (that's a long drive!), and were able to make a baby detour. We all had a nice relaxing spaghetti dinner in the apartment "backyard" (it's a communal area) and they related all their recent adventures- including a trip to Scotland and Ireland in August! It was great to have so many Irishes together in one spot for good food and conversation.
And just last Thursday we picked up Adam's mom, Marsha, from the airport. She'll be staying with us for two weeks, so we definitely get to have her when the baby arrives. I'm starting to feel very spoiled with all the home-cooked meals she and my parents have been serving up over the past few weeks. I hardly spend any time in the kitchen anymore!
So we're gearing up for a baby in the next few days. She's been giving signs that she's getting ready to come out. But if not sooner, we'll have news by Thursday. Exciting stuff!
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. The Browns have been checking in and we will continue to pray all goes well. My last two were induced without complications. We will trust and pray the same goes for you.
Well, that's good, although I understand how that disappoints you. She knows how to be fashionably late... she's already a lady!
Praying for all three of you!
You looked amazing at over 40 weeks pregnant!! Jealous! (well, really cant say for myself yet) but at least you faked a nice bright smile for the camera :)
Way to go with the birth, God new what he was doing and I know and pray you and Adam will continue to look to Him for guidance as proud parents!
xoxo
Post a Comment