Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Elenaisms


We have a pretty silly girl.  Right here she was squeezing as hard as she could... I'm not sure why.  I think maybe we had just finished saying prayers before lunch, because that totally makes sense.  I've stopped trying to understand.  :)   
(We had also just gone outside for Valentine photos, in case you had the mistaken impression that my girls wear coordinating outfits and hairbows all the time)


We've coined a phrase in this house for the funny things our big girl comes up with :  Elenaisms.  And boy, do they happen often.  :)


Recently, the topic of growing up has been big in our house.  We've been discussing how Elena used to be a baby, and how Madeleine is a baby but she's getting bigger every day.  And pretty soon she'll be a big girl just like Elena.  This leads to many, many wonderful Elena moments:

"Did you know I used to be a baby in Mommy's tummy, and then I grew and grew and grew.  And then I got borned!  And then Mommy got to hug me."

"I'm growing up just like you!"  (Elena to me)

________________

Car conversations are also really entertaining.  I wish I wrote more of them down.

Elena:  "Mom!  Did you know that when I laugh my tummy goes up and down?  Watch!"

________________

Just today Madeleine, Elena, and I were all on our big bed and Elena kept poking me with her feet.  I was about to tell her to stop, but then she comes out with this:

Elena:   "My little birdies on my toes are pecking your legs."
Me: "Oh yeah?"
Elena:  "This little birdie is sick.  He had to go to the doctor, but now he's feeling better."
Me:  "That's good..."
Elena:  "This big birdie is feeling sad because his toenail is breaking."

Oops, that's Mommy's bad.  :)
___________

But then, sometimes she just says really bizarre things.

"Mom, baby Jesus is watching a monster movie."

Whatever you say, Elena...  :)

No comments: