Friday, October 18, 2013

And the baby is....

It's been about a week and a half since we got back from the states, and the jetlag has finally worn off.  Boy was it harder this way!  The girls were getting up at 2am for about 4 days straight, and we were all just generally disoriented.  We got to go in for an ultrasound last week, but with sleeping and unpacking I'm just now getting pictures on the computer.

Adam was lucky to get out of work for the appointment so he and the girls got to join me.  The ultrasound technician was an older Japanese man and at first he seemed pretty grumpy at having children in the room, but by the end he was making them balloon animals... so I'm thinking it was just the standard gruff Japanese man exterior.  He was really entertaining during the ultrasound; the baby was insistent on having its legs closed.  He kept trying to check the gender, but there was no good view, so he'd return to other measurements, and then check again later.   He must have tried five or six times with no luck, and finally shouted several times with a straight face, "Open your crotch, baby!"  I chalked that up to cultural differences as well, as I chuckled inside.

A cute profile shot of the shy little one.


Finally, though, we got a decent view.  And so....

IT'S A GIRL!!  (we think)


This is when you really have to trust the ultrasound technician,
because this picture in no way looks like anything to me. 
But I enjoyed that he specifically wrote 'No Boys Parts.'


I take humor in the beautiful irony of being married to a man who is one of three boys, and who is about to be the proud father of three girls.  There's a wonderful balance to it all.  :)  So we're preparing for another girl to join our family!  We can't wait for February to finally meet her!





3 comments:

Neil Patrick Mueller said...

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I love reading these! It takes me a while, but then I read a bunch & catch up :-) I'm so excited for you guys! I also find it funny he's from a family of boys, now having girls. Someone actually told me a while back there's some statistic like 85% (or so) of submariners have girls when having children - something due to the amount of pure testosterone on a constant basis, and their bodies balancing out by producing a female chromosome in reproduction. Not sure how much truth there is in that, but I sure do hear about baby girls a LOT in this field :-) Interesting! Nonetheless, exciting! :-)

rhodora jacob said...

Hoping you will come back this summer so I can see you and your new lovely girl! and the E and M too! They are blossoming like too cute sunflowers! I adore them! Come back soon!!