Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Few Detours

In August Adam injured his knee during a ultimate frisbee tournament, so our summer has been a bit slower than normal.  Last Thursday he had surgery to repair his torn ACL, and while it was pretty painful, he seems to be healing well.  We're just grateful that this should be a full recovery, and look forward to getting back to active family adventures.

The girls are enjoying extra Daddy time at home  

Watching the Notre Dame game at home for the first time in a long while.
It's a relaxing change of pace.    Usually our weekends during football season 
are spent with the Alumni Club up in Tokyo.  :)


The big girls and I have been taking advantage of Daddy home during nap times
to sneak out during the day.  An ice cream and 100yen store trip.

Green tea ice cream sandwich... yum...


Madeleine:  "Look, it's a hamburger!  Can I hug it?"

I feel like a momma duck with her ducklings in tow.  ;)

We still have orders to leave in November, but due to the surgery and some other unexpected circumstances it's all up in the air again.  I'll update as we hear more.  We're just taking it one day at a time, and trying to appreciate an extra fall in Japan.



No comments: