Thursday, August 28, 2008

Four-day Weekends!

The countdown continues. We are now T-minus two weeks until the baby's due date (but really she could come anytime in the next month). At my appointment on Tuesday nothing had changed from the previous week. Taking it as a sign that Baby Frisch isn't planning on arriving too soon, Adam and I have decided to venture north to an island near Portland, Maine. Our friend Luke invited us to spend Labor Day up there with his family. It's a little risky, I know, but we're not too worried. I have packed the baby seat and our hospital bag just in case. :)

This is Adam's first four-day weekend in a few months. Usually it's seven days on and two days off, but every fourth cycle he gets the four days off. It's a confusing schedule. This last week he worked from 7:30am to 7:30pm, and next week he'll go from 11am to 11pm. Yeah, twelve hour shifts. Yikes! There's also a night shift from 7:30pm to 7:30am. The roughest part is that he only gets two days to completely adjust his sleep schedule and then has to jump right back in on the next shift. I can tell you, I would not be cut out for it. Mostly I keep the same hours and see him for a few hours on the bookends of his shifts... except lately I've been having a little trouble getting to sleep. I tell Adam it'll work great once he works nights, then we might actually sleep at the same time.

Well, we're getting up in about four hours to drive north so I should try and get some rest. I hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day Weekend! But also let's hope for no labor on Labor Day! I'm not sure if I would quite appreciate the baby's sense of humor on that one. :)

1 comment:

SWINGING SPRINGS said...

Know labor on labor day that was a good one. You won't believe this but I bought a mattress cover for your shower two months ago and I keep gettin a message from target that they are still having problems shipping it. hope it makes it befor Miss? shows up