Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wichita: Grandpa and Grandma Bell

It's been a few weeks now that we've been home from the big trip, and life is finally starting to settle back into a rhythm.  I would feel bad that it takes me so long to get pictures up, but I think I've effectively established that expectation (which comes in handy) and most of the time I just feel more called to things of daily life (eating, sleeping, diapers).  It's this love/hate relationship with online communication.

I finally loaded all the pictures off my camera, and it was so fun to look back through our vacation.  It seems so long ago already, but we had such a great time!  Adam's job keeps him going all the time, and it also keeps him away from family a lot (extended family even more so), so when the chance for vacation came up we thought a few relaxing weeks visiting family sounded like the best idea ever.

First we flew to Wichita for a week, and stayed with (great) Grandma and Grandpa Bell.  We dropped the great not only because it takes too long to say, but also because Elena kept asking if everyone was great.  "Is Daddy great?  Is Mommy great?  Is the chair great?"  Silly goose.  :) We loved all the time we got to spend with them.  Elena soaked it all up, from story times to sprinklers in the backyard.  Thanks so much for having us!

I love how exciting books are becoming, she was totally enthralled.

Cuddles with Grandma Pat.

Such a ham.  :)


Daddy and Madeleine (looking ever surprised)  :)

So hot!  Sheesh... that was after dinner and it was still in the 90s!

Adam was trying to convince Elena sprinklers are fun

Don't ask me, I love this picture.  I think the blur adds to the feeling that this embodies a simple moment of summer, like we're viewing a memory of pure exuberance through Elena's eyes.  

Little sis hanging out on the deck.

Wiggling on the blanket together.  :)

Too hot to move... (can you tell we're Washington girls?)

Grandma Pat and little Madeleine

All the girls

I must have been tickling Elena (hehe)

Grandpa and Grandma Bell with their two little great-grand babies


2 comments:

The Cichy's said...

How wonderful for your girls to be able to spend time with their great grandparents! I'm so jealous!

I've been wanting to take a road trip to Missouri to visit my grandpa so the kids can have some memories of their Great-Grandpa. I'd like Mike to be able to meet my extended family too. Hopefully we'll be able to do it soon!

Lauren Frisch said...

I know, what lucky girls! I never met any of my great-grandparents, so we've been feeling very blessed to spend so much time with them. A roadtrip out to Missouri, that would be such a great adventure!