Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

What a beautiful day it was!  I love it when the weather cooperates with special occasions.  Madeleine, Adam, and I went to the vigil mass last night which was such a wonderful treat.  We were all going to go, but Papa and Nana decided to stay home so they watched Elena.  And Madeleine fell asleep after the first hour so we got to enjoy most of it from a pew.  Easter vigils are long, but so beautiful!  We sat near the back, and when the time came for baptisms the older couple next to us stood up.  The fellow had an oxygen tank and used a walker to get around, but his face was filled with such joy.  By the ear-to-ear grins of his son and wife nearby, I can only guess this was the result of many years of patient prayer.  I reflect often on the persistence of St. Monica's prayer (in converting her son, who would become St. Augustine), and it was very touching to see the example of this family.  What an Easter gift it was of Nana and Papa to enable us to enjoy such a beautiful mass, because Elena would not have managed quite so well.

Sunday we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's for some good old fashioned feasting and egg hunting.  Last year I remember we squeezed the hunt in between showers, but this year it was so warm and sunny!  Grandma took this cute video of Elena and Madeleine during the egg hunt.  I suggested less zoom on future movies... watch with caution if you get carsick easily.  :)  Just kidding (mostly), you should survive.  Elena was so animated, she had us all laughing.  Happy Easter everyone!













Such a great face!  :)



*Chomp*
(Eating things, still her scientific method
for identifying the world)

Pthhb...

Mom, this is crunchy.  You want it?

Elena enlisted basket-carrying help




Counting to make sure we found them all


Very intent on their eggs

Naptime!

No comments: