Some highlights from the past week:
1. Sometimes I dress the girls in bright, cheerful colors just for my own amusement. A perk of the job, right? :)
Madeleine is a little grumpy, it passes quickly...
2. Elena's first haircut! Ever! I think Adam and I were both putting off the day Elena would have to lose the baby curls, but it had to happen sometime. Our friend Shannon used to be a hair stylist, so Elena even got a special private session. Thanks Shannon! I realized later I forgot to get an after shot, but we only took off a few inches. It's still long little girl hair. :)
3. Charlemagne's summer cut! Haircuts for everyone. One thing I love about poodle mixes is that every time he goes in for a haircut it feels like we got a new dog. People don't recognize him, I get asked if he's part greyhound, it's very entertaining.
Such a happy doggy!
4. Volunteers for the garden. I grabbed some baby (and teenager) raspberries from my parent's patch, hoping they decide to like our yard too. I love that my parents got their raspberries from family friends back at our old house, brought them to their new house, and now we're taking some to our house. That's how gardening should be! Free and with a story? (Sort of) :) I just appreciate when plants are part of the community, and that they don't all have to come from the plant store. Some of our strawberries started at Adam's parent's house, then migrated to my parent's house, and their offspring are now are living at our house. It just makes me so happy. :)
Their new little home. I'm loving it!
I'll have to post pictures of the rest of the garden,
most of it being Nana's hard work.
(If anyone wants some junior raspberries,
I can always liberate a few more!)
("I just woke up! No pictures!")
You should see the new bruise she replaced this fading one with. Actually, I decided not to turn into my mom and take pictures of all our injuries... so I'm just waiting for the perma-scraped forehead stage to be over. Next year, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment