Friday, February 15, 2013

Our Little Entertainer

I love watching her imagination grow!  Elena has reached the age where stories become rich and alive, and it is so fun seeing her discover and explore her world of pretend.  Yesterday she was Cinderella, and she reenacted the fleeing-the-ball moment over and over (and over) again.  I, of course, am constantly stuck being the Prince... I got to chase after her down the stairs and find the glass slipper (she was waiting to inform me if I passed it), and then try it on every young maiden in the kingdom.  Every time the glass shoe "fit" she giggled with such joy, it was infectious.  Then I'd swoop her up and we'd start all over.


She also has really enjoyed Madeleine's wolf costume, probably because it was Madeleine's.




We went through a few weeks in November where straw houses were constantly being blown down.  Since she was the wolf, I noticed that the story got an interesting reinterpretation:  all of the houses were straw, and all of them got blown down.  Much more fun that way, I guess.  Madeleine provides some delightful background noise as well.




Elena has also started regaling us with song.  As you might guess, it's pretty entertaining.  Here's her version of "This Old Man."  The first few verses are here, which don't have any 'bayones' but some pretty silly faces. 

No comments: