Thursday, March 5, 2009

I love naps!

Let it be known: Elena is taking a nap! What a strange feeling... there is no baby in my arms, and yet there is also complete silence. For the most part Elena is a great sleeper, so I can't really complain. She usually goes ten to twelve hours at night (waking every few hours for a snack, but returning right back to sleep). And she likes her daytime naps too, but they always seem to happen in ways that allow no baby-free time; like in her sling, or on a drive, or while we're both taking a nap. So this is a gift, and I thank you baby Elena. Mommy enjoys feeling like a normal person once in a while.

I am off to enjoy my quiet time by doing the dishes. Never thought I would say that! :)

Update: That blissful nap lasted two lovely dishes, until the cleaning lady decided to vacuum outside our room. oh well...

No comments: