Friday, February 12, 2010

Out of the Stone Age

At long last, we have internet again! I still can't promise any blogging regularity, but at least it's possible now. It's been eye-opening to me how often I need the internet in day-to-day life, and how hard it is to get by without.

Back in December we cancelled our cable because Adam just wanted it for college football season, and I can recognize that I will waste too much time watching tv if the opportunity exists. But they wouldn't cancel the cable without jacking up the internet bill (stupid bundles), so I decided that internet was just a luxury anyway. Well, that is one luxury I appreciate very much now. All I'm going to say is that using the public library computers with a mobile, vocal (loud, not understandable) toddler has got to be time off purgatory or something. Or maybe just for the other people in the room. :)

It's been a rough winter for Elena. A good one too, though. She definitely hit that transition into toddlerhood full force. I love that she can entertain herself now for periods of time. Her newest game is stacking her alphabet blocks into towers. I was so impressed! She still loves sniffing flowers, or anything that looks like a flower. And birds are her new favorite thing to point at. But the cold season has been hard on her. It feels like she's been sick for the past three months. Last Sunday she woke up with a fever, and it turns out she had pnemonia and an ear infection. Poor girl! Hopefully she'll get a break soon.

I'll get pictures up soon so you can see how much she's grown!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Poor baby! I had pneumonia at that age, and it was a disaster... Glad to see you back online! Remember that I love and miss you!

Greer Hannan said...

Ear aches are the worst!

Unknown said...

So apparently Google is becoming an ISP. Seattle put in their bid to be one of the places they set up first. If we get it then internet will be roughly the same price as Comcast but also roughly 10 times faster.

Stacy said...

Same thing happened to me with cable/internet! I wanted to just get rid of it since I can access internet on my phone if I need to, but my husband is taking college classes and you need the internet to access the material!
You are very brave bringing a toddler along to the library computer. In the future, if you decide to go netless again feel free to drop Elena with me while you use the library.