Wednesday, September 26, 2012

4 years old!

Happy birthday to our big girl!  We just had a simple dinner for Elena (our first attempt at homemade pizza in Japan!), but managed to convince her that everything happening that day was special for her birthday.  So we had special birthday breakfast, special birthday swim class, special birthday quiet time, and a super special birthday dinner and cupcakes.  I figure it's not long that I'll be able to make her happy so easily, but she had a great time all day talking about what a big girl she is now.

She even got to pick out a 'special' birthday apple juice.
I'm a sucker for the cute little cartoon animals too.

 Madeleine helping,
fancy wrapping paper courtesy of Navy moving.  :)

 Adam asked if it was too practical to get toy storage as a present
(he and Elena had discovered Ikea Japan.  woo!).
I must be super boring, I thought it was a fantastic idea.
Madeleine's a fan too, though.  :)

 Artist at work



Elena requested strawberry cupcakes,
and I briefly considered making them....
but then decided it would be easier just to slice strawberries.  :)


(I just discovered how to capture still shots from video on the phone.  Neat!)




Happy birthday Elena!  I can't believe these last four years have sped by so fast.  I love seeing the little lady you are becoming, and I'm looking forward to exploring and discovering new things with you.  Every day is an adventure in the eyes of a child.  :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

LOVE these photos!!! We miss you guys! Happy birthday, Elena!!