Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hotel Livin'

This is a bit belated since we moved out about two weeks ago, but I'm finally catching up.  We just got internet at the house a few days ago, and I'm still trying to find our two-prong converter (the only three prong outlet in the house is for the washing machine). Okay, fine, I should go buy one...

This was our home for about three weeks,  and by the end we were very glad to be moving on.  It was a good reminder, though, that the (trivial) challenges we encountered with all of us in one room are nothing compared to the daily reality many families face around the world.  And their complaints are probably not, "Geez, why does the cleaning lady keep coming during naptime?"  Counting my blessings here.  Plus, now the girls are used to sleeping together so it was an easy transition to their new room.

So... this was the room...
Madeleine's crib is hiding behind the bike.
Can you see the girls hard at play together between the beds?

Smallest sink imaginable, but I was glad to have any kitchen.  
I was pretty proud of the space-efficient dish rack placement.

Running laps while the laundry dries

We got pretty creative with our entertainment.  More than once, Madeleine took pre-breakfast baths 
to allow others to finish sleeping.  Sometimes an afternoon bath too... we think she may be our water baby.  :)  We explored the plethora of parks on base, library storytime, the family pool, even a free kid's concert.  But sometimes it's the simplest games that are the most fun.




Here are a few videos of the girls saying hi.  We've had the good fortune of chatting with both sets of grandparents over skype, and now the girls regularly request to call Nana and Papa, or Grandpa and Grandma.  We decided to make a movie since they weren't online.

Be forewarned:  the videos are for grandparents who miss their babies, or anyone else who likes watching girls being silly.  These are not creations of great importance.  :)



Please ignore the shoe on the table (sigh...), couldn't quite see that.  
Elena was excited to show off her new skills.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I don't know WHAT you're talking about - those videos are masterpieces!!! You guys are amazing; so glad you're happy and well!!