Overall we're doing great. Adam and I are finally decoding most of her unhappy cries. He is a champion diaper changer, for which I am eternally grateful. I also appreciate walks much more (and I'm so glad Elena does too) just to get out of the house. Adam's mom stayed with us for a few weeks, during the end of the pregnancy and the beginning of all things baby. We are so grateful for her time here- I can't imagine surviving those first few days without her help. Our freezer is stocked with yummy dinners now and Charlemagne is going to miss his early morning walks with Marsha.
Today was Adam's first real day back at work. He got a week of paternity leave (thank you Navy!), had to return for one day last Thursday and then got a four-day weekend. What great timing! Now he's back to the long days, and it looks like it will be a hard push till the end. But we're counting down the days. Adam is set to graduate from here on October 31. His next school in Groton, CT is said to be a vacation by comparison. It's the last thing for Adam and most of the other officers before they get assigned to a boat, so I guess the instructors have pity on them.
So now Elena, Charlemagne and I are trying to find a routine of our own. Elena's been very nice sleeping this whole time while I type, but it looks like she's pondering waking up soon. Here are a few pictures (okay, more than a few) from the past few weeks.
Mid-diaper change: "What are you thinking, Mom? This is no time for pictures!"
Happy and bundled
She's just irresistably adorable!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn...
Multi-tasking at its finest. :)
3 comments:
Cute! Looks like you're doing well!
I love the new blog pictures! The first bath pics are great... she had no idea what was coming. haha. The group nap shot is cute too. ;)
Oh my gosh, Lauren, she is gorgeous! What a lucky baby she is to have such great parents!
Post a Comment