Last month we got some time off so we headed out for an adventure! What made this trip super special was that Nana and Papa offered to watch the girls for the first few days and then drop them off for the last few. Our first baby-free trip since Madeleine's birth! I (of course) was super nervous about leaving her so long... of equal concern being her willingness to take a bottle as well as the lasting sanity of the grandparents. But everyone was still smiling when we saw them again, so I guess they survived. :) What an amazing gift it was to get away for a few days, especially knowing that the girls were soaking in precious time with their Nana and Papa.
Snowshoeing!
Adam and I hiked a few trails outside town, including the beginning of the Enchantments
(he wants to go back and do the whole trail when it's warmer). It was amazing how simple
an afternoon day hike was sans kids.
What a gorgeous state we live in!
We discovered, I thought, a great solution to hiking back down. :)
The sled didn't like all the bumps...
The last few days the girls joined us, and had a great time in the snow!
Madeleine is really trying to wiggle away,
but I pretend that she's giving her sister some love.
Can you see the protective big sister hand wrapped around her baby?
Melts my heart. :)
Elena is super proud to be such a big girl,
Madeleine is not so sure she wants to be drug around. :)
help me...
Those are her 'snow babies' sitting in her lap.
It's actually very cute how motherly she is becoming, tempered by
standard "I'm three" attitude (with incredibly entertaining facial expressions)
GIANT bath tub!!
Elena is so helpful
What a great time! I'd never stayed in Leavenworth before, and I was surprised how much fun we had. I love that this little "German" town feels so far away, but it's only a few hours drive. I love having snow adventures and then driving home to a dry house. :)
1 comment:
Looks like you all had a great time! My sisters are planning on visiting there next week. Wish I could go!
Post a Comment